The Submission Deadline for Educational Scholarship Applications for 2011 is Now Closed
The Scholarship Program, funded through Program Responsible in Daring Excellence, a 501(c)(3) organization established by the Housing Authority, has scholarship awards which range from $200 to $1,000 and recipients are judged on several criteria, including their academic achievements, community service and personal/professional goals.
The 2011 Scholarship Application Submission Deadline has Now Closed.
- The Applicant must be a tenant residing in a rental property owned, affiliated with or subsidized by the Housing Authority of the County of Santa Clara. All applications will be verified with applicable tenant records.
- The applicant may be a senior in high school, a presently enrolled college student or a re-entry student pursuing academic/technical training.
- The applicant must have a 2.5 or high GPA (May be waived for re-entry student - out of school for at least five (5) years).
- The deadline for all application materials, including one letter of recommendation and last available transcripts, to be submitted to the Housing Authority is 5pm on June 3, 2011.
- Applications should be mailed or turned in to the following address:
The Housing Authority of the County of Santa Clara
Attn: Amy Ramos
505 W. Julian Street
San Jose, CA 95110
- Finalists may be interviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
- Once you have submitted your application, please do not call to inquire about your scholarship status. Those who applied will be notified by phone or mail in July. Awardees will be asked to participate in a scholarship recognition ceremony in July 26, 2011.
- The P.R.I.D.E. Scholarship is a competitive scholarship program. We regret that, although the majority of applicants are qualified, not everyone who applies will receive an award.