• New Contract Inspection Process
• Rent Check Processing
• Ongoing Unit Inspections
• Owner-Requested Rent Increases
• Moves and Portability
Change of Owner or Agent Information
Change of Ownership
Owners who sell or purchase rental property occupied by a Section 8 tenant must notify the Housing Authority via a written and signed request. Due to confidentiality and legal issues, verbal requests will not be accepted.
In order to request a change of ownership, please download and complete the following forms:
- Payment, Legal Owner and Correspondence Designation
- IRS W-9 Form
- Section 8 Landlord Certification Form (signed by NEW owner)
- Change In Ownership Agreement Form
- Proof of ownership - copy of the Recorded Grant Deed or Conforming Grant Deed (may be submitted at a later date)
- Property Management Agreement between owner and agent, if applicable
The above documents must be mailed to:
Attention: Inspections Unit, Housing Authority, 505 W. Julian St., San Jose, CA 95110.
Change of Owner or Agent Address
Owners or agents who have a change of mailing address must notify the Housing Authority via written and signed request. Due to confidentiality and legal issues, verbal requests will not be accepted.
The notice must be mailed to: Attention: Inspections Unit, Housing Authority, 505 W. Julian St., San Jose, CA 95110, and must include the following information:
- Owner or Agent's full name;
- New address and phone number; and
- The subsidy number, tenant name or rental property address
New owners can sign up for direct deposit service by printing and completing the Direct Deposit Form.
If you need more information about changing owner or agent information, please call
the Inspections Unit at (408) 993-2922.