Participants in all of HACSC’s housing assistance programs have certain rights. If you believe your rights have been violated, please contact your Housing Specialist. Below is a list of your rights:
- Living in a unit that is safe, decent and sanitary.
- Protection from unlawful discrimination.
- Holding the property owner liable for damage to the unit caused by landlord negligence.
- Paying only the amount of rent approved by HACSC.
- Receiving proper move-out notice.
As a participant in any HACSC housing assistance program, you must follow certain rules. Failure to follow these rules may lead to termination of assistance. Below is a partial list of your responsibilities:
- Providing required information for your regularly scheduled reexaminations, and any other relevant housing information.
- Reporting changes to income or household composition within 10 business days.
- Allowing HACSC representatives to conduct regularly scheduled inspections.
- Allowing only authorized people to reside in the unit – you cannot lease or sub-lease the unit.
- Complying with the owner’s lease, including paying your portion of the rent.
- Complying with the terms of your voucher and Tenancy Addendum.
- Copying HACSC on any notices from or to the property owner, including 3-day pay or quit, eviction, rent adjustments and notice to vacate.
For a complete list of your participant obligations please click here