Home: Tenants: Voucher Wait List

Voucher Waiting List

The Section 8 Waiting Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Waiting List is now CLOSED. If you are not on the waiting list, you can check for opportunities to rent a Housing Authority-owned apartment, or download a HUD listing of other low-income rental properties, or go to Related Links for information on other housing resources.

If you registered for the current waiting list, you can confirm your position on the list by calling (408) 275-8770. We are currently processing families whose position is on or before:

3110 (this number last updated on 2/1/09)

If you are registered on the waiting list, please note the following:

  1. Placing your name on the Waiting List does not give you any rights to be admitted to the program, guarantee your future eligibility or assure that subsidy funds will be available.
  2. Your name was placed on the Waiting List in an order determined by computerized random selection, and not by date and time of receipt of registration.  Your position number is the order in which you will be selected for assistance form the Waiting List cannot be changed.
  3. There are no preferences for disabled, elderly or homeless registrants or persons in a crisis housing situation, therefore, you cannot be assisted ahead of your position on the Waiting List.
  4. You must notify the Housing Authority in writing of any changes of your address using the Change of Information Form. All correspondence must include your Social Security number. The Housing Authority does not accept responsibility for mail delays or forwarding orders. Your name will be removed from the Waiting List if you do not respond to a scheduled appointment or requests for information.
  5. To be eligible for the HCV program, you must be within the very-low or extremely-low income limits.

RELEASE OF INFORMATION... If you on the Waiting List and are currently working with a case manager or supportive services agency, you should print out and complete an Applicant Release of Information Form. This form gives the Housing Authority permission to share certain information about you with the service agency or case manager assisting you.

FOR MORE INFORMATION review the Initial Eligibility Process and the list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).


back to top